Friday, July 6, 2012

glibers on job site collectivism

"I’ve worked in places that practice high levels of “workplace democracy”. I do not feel empowered by this at all. If anything, it’s a burden, not a benefit. "

"Faculty meetings are miserable events. As in a real democracy, my vote counts for nothing–the group always decides what it decides irrespective of my vote."

" By working in a “workplace democracy”, I have simply traded a one-headed boss for a many-headed boss."

" This many-headed boss loves to hear itself talk and loves to waste my time."


"In “Political Liberty: Who Needs It?“, I argue that individual political liberty
 does not make individuals more autonomous or in control in any meaningful sense. My remarks there aptly characterize all of my experiences with workplace democracy."